Vol. 1, No. 3
Look Out for Four-Legged Friends this Summer
This week was the official start of the summer.
Our law office would like to take this opportunity to remind you that pets needs special attention this time of year to stay safe and healthy.
Here are a few tips to keep your pet safe and healthy this summer:
- Never leave your pet in a hot car. It only takes minutes for a pet to develop heat stroke in a confined hot space.
- Be sure your pet always has access to plenty of fresh drinking water and shade. Our pets get much thirstier than we do when it gets hot. While some animals like to sunbathe, it is important to keep them in the shade as much as possible to prevent overheating.
- Hot Paws! Asphalt and metal heat up dramatically when exposed to direct sunlight, so try to keep your pets off of these surfaces. Not only can they burn their paws, the hot surfaces can contribute to increased body temperature.
- If your pets are not fenced, keep them on a leash. Summer brings with it new sights, smells and no shortage of squirrels, rabbits and other critters out exploring. This is all very exciting for our pets, but because not all animals can be trusted to come when called you should exercise caution when letting your pets outside.
- Finally, with the 4th of July less than two weeks away, please be sensitive to exposing your pets to the loud (and very likely frightening) sounds of fireworks. If your pet will be around fireworks this holiday, try to provide them with the quietest room possible along with a comfortable bed and familiar toys.
Here at Batson Nolan PLC, we care about the protection of you and your family (furry family members included) inside and out of the courtroom. For compassionate and experienced legal care, contact our offices inClarksville, TN or Springfield, TN . Remember to stay cool and safe as you enjoy everything the beautiful Tennessee summers have to offer!